Don’t Let Heat Escape
Did you know that by simply installing a window film throughout your home, you can increase your savings each and every month? Winterize your home with residential window film, you can save energy and money. Without window film, your typical residential windows have nothing that can prevent heat from escaping through the glass, and that’s where window film comes in!
By adding an invisible or tinted window film in your home, your insulating properties will increase up to 92 percent. This will help trap heat indoors, so you won’t have to run your heater as often and you’ll save on energy. Our premium window film is a great long-term investment for your home.
Related Article: How Window Film Benefits Your Home Before Winter Arrives
Winterize Your Home
No matter where you live, taking some time to prepare for a season change is beneficial for your home. If your winters get snow and icicles or just palm trees and cooler temperatures, winterizing your home with these tips can help you have a safer and less expensive winter season.
Click HERE for your Winter Home Safety Guide
- Check over your doors to see if they are sealed. Does light come through or can you feel air through a doorway? Then you probably need to seal your doors. This will help keep cold air out, and warm air inside where you want it nice and cozy for the holiday season.
- Windows. As we mentioned above, window film is one of the best winterizing steps you can take, and they’re great for all weather conditions. In the summer, window film helps keep harmful UV rays out of the home, and in winter, it helps keep in the warmth.
- Pipes and pluming checks. You may need to turn off outdoor water accesses.
- Fans can help distribute heat. While fans are often associated with hot days, they can actually help distribute the warm air around your home. Simply reverse the direction of their spin cycles – make them run counter-clockwise in rotation.
- Check your fireplace flue before your first fire of the season! Make sure you have proper ventilation and consider sweeping your chimney before the cold weather hits and you’re craving a warm fire.
- Check your detectors. Home fired and carbon monoxide accidents are at a higher percentage over the winter months, so check over your detectors to make sure you and your family is protected from harmful gas.
Learn How: Window Film Adds Extra Security to Your Home
Winterize Your Home with Tintmaster
Keep your home happy and safe for the holidays with these tips and tricks! We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and we can’t wait to help with all your window film needs. Please give us a call today with any questions about window film or tinting for your residence.
As a family owned and operated business, Tintmaster prides themselves on professional installation, high-quality materials, and unparalleled customer service. They have been serving the Sacramento area since 1989 and have built a reputation for excellence. If you need automotive, residential, or commercial window tinting, give the specialists at Tintmaster a call at 916-852-8468.